IT Infrastructure- VMware, Storage, Networking, Systems Administration
I am an IT Infrastructure Analyst with close to 9 years practical experience in system administration, server infrastructure, networking & software deployment. Possessing a proven ability to administer and control the operation, configuration and maintenance of computer-based information systems, as well as having an eye for detail and able to multi-task under pressure. An excellent communicator who can relate well with people at all levels and has the flexibility of working well as part of a team and on my own.
* Click the button to send an offerSend Offer
Senior Infrastructure Analyst
•Install, configure and administer VMware ESXi server farm for Mascom virtual platform
•Interface with various Mascom departments; Billing, Finance, Legal and external vendors to manage Infrastructure-related contracts and provision infrastructure resources as needed •Identify operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions, completing troubleshooting procedures •Facilitate implementation of projects from other divisions and departments • Review Infrastructure business processes and policies and help enhance workflows in support of Mascom and Infrastructure-provided services to the rest of the company
Intelligent Network Engineer
•Maintaining Billing Systems Services Infrastructure availability and monitor its utilization. This includes managing the VMware Data-centers, and physical Data-centers. •Responsible for observing and enhancing Billing systems performance •Identify operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions, completing troubleshooting procedures •Facilitate implementation of projects from other divisions and departments •Support end-users (customers) through solving reported customer cases •Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations •Responsible for product testing and validation. •Signing invoices from suppliers and send them to credit control department for processing.
•Prepare and analyze statistics and reports covering different modules of Billing system •Responsible for the security, confidentiality & integrity, of all information assets within higher responsibilities in accordance with the company Information Security Policies
•Provide On-The-Job-Training to new employees of Mascom Wireless.
•Ensure that logged calls/ tickets are resolved on time.
Senior Systems Engineer
▪ Manages EMC Clariion Cx3 series & Dell EqualLogic PS Series SAN
▪ Support for Servers & ICT Infrastructure at Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender, Ministry of Local Government & Rural Development and Statistics Botswana
▪ Manage and monitor security and applications logs from servers, workstations and endpoints
▪ Leading the technical services team during project solutions designs, implementations, deployment and support services.
▪ Contributing directly to project delivery in a senior technical capacity advising on most appropriate solutions to achieve client’s business requirements, technical architecture and specialist resource requirements.
▪ Systems and Network administration and management.
▪ Administers, manage and troubleshoot VMware Host running ESX 6.0, and ESX 6.5
▪ Support for Servers & ICT Infrastructure at Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender, Ministry of Local Government.
▪ Computer hardware repair and maintenance.
▪ Software installation, configurations, upgrades and deployment.
▪ Administered, managed and troubleshoot VMware Host running ESX 5.0, 4.1 and ESX 3.5
IT Support Technician
▪ Administration of servers on Hyper-V virtualized environment.
▪ Maintain, manage and monitor Boteti Mine network.
▪ Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
▪ Diagnosis of desktop, application, networking issues
▪ Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
▪ Logging support calls and ensuring they are handled efficiently and effectively
▪ Software deployment, Managed, maintained and troubleshoot email systems
▪ Installing & configuring computer systems and applications.
▪ Implementing & managing Active Directory, and Servers administration